Events organized by REDSOYU
From November 20 to 25, experience the 1st Tahiti Burger Week: a week of culinary competition dedicated to the king of street food, the Burger. A first qualifying phase will precede the grand final, to be held on November 30 in the parking lot of the Centre Tamanu Nui in Punaauia.
For a whole week, professional restaurateurs will be showcasing their competition burgers. An exceptional panel of local judges, chaired by Florian OnAir, will visit the restaurants to taste and evaluate the burgers according to specific criteria, such as overall taste, aesthetics and composition. The public will also have its say via social networks.
Tahiti Burger Week aims to highlight the talent, creativity and expertise of local chefs, both locally and internationally.
- Heimana Pito from L’Arbre à Pain with its burger“Uru menemen.
- Patrick Amaru from Sip & Slide with its burger“Tahitian Slide.
- Stéphane Herrada fromCJ’s Stonegrill Tahiti with its burger“Tihoti Burger.
- Vai Rupea de Delicatessen Tahiti avec son burger “Fish & Furious”.
- Hina Baschenis fromKaraaji with its burger“The chicha.
- Hiavarii Serre fromRestaurant Tahiti La Plage with its burger“The Rainbow Burger.
- Jonathan Drouillon de The Avenue Tahiti avec son burger “The Avenue Burgel”.
- Manuarii Couder fromO Taharu’u with its burger“Curry Poke Burger
- Florian OnAir the jury’s president, a renowned culinary content creator and gastronomy enthusiast from France.
- Jim Cholet General Manager at Comptoir Commerciale Cécile.
- Maheata Smith founder of Simplement Bon Chez Vous.
- Frédéric Plantecoste Millésime Food Manager.
- Yepo the voice of the people; actress, influencer and local personality.
- Pre-selection phase : From November 20 to 25, at candidate restaurants
- Date and venue of the final: November 30, Centre Tamanu Nui in Punaauia.
- Admission fee: 5,900 Fcfp per person.
- Contest details and rules: Visit the “Tahiti Burger Week” Facebook page or the website www.tahitiburgerweek.com
The winner of the competition will take the title of “Best Burger in Tahiti” back to his or her restaurant, and will be offered a round-trip plane ticket to Los Angeles.
For more information, visit the Tahiti Burger Week Facebook page and the website. www.tahitiburgerweek.com.